Hey guys! So, yesterday was my birthday and Saturday night, while I was taking a shower, I started thinking about what I've learned throughout all these years and once I started thinking of these life lessons, it's like I couldn't stop! I feel like I've learned so many things. Isn't that wonderful? Isn't hindsight a wonderful, and sometimes painful thing?
So here's my (shortened) list. Have any of you learned some of these life lessons? *leave a comment!*
- never do anything dramatic to your hair while pregnant
- always trim your nails outside
- say a lot of kind things to make up for the accidental blunders you make
- be positively honest - you don't have to share EVERYTHING that's on your mind
- hard is good
- bathe regularly, but train your hair to make it in week-long stretches
- if you don't try, you're guaranteed not to make it
- you don't have to be best friends with everyone, but you should always be kind
- have an attitude of gratitude
- learn to rejoice with those who rejoice
- assume the best in people
- you can't get something from nothing
- eating 7 oatmeal cream pies in one day, even if they're mini sized, may seem like a good idea, but it's not
- don't pass up opportunities that you might regret in the future
- pray always
- buy a phone case for your smart phone and don't let it fall off of things
I'm so sorry if you've learned that last lesson the hard way like I did yesterday.
Happy stinkin' birthday.
But other than that unfortunate incident, and Andrew feeling sick in the morning, my birthday turned out really great! I took the kids with me to church (they behaved very well!) and we went to my sister's house down in Highland for a little birthday party! It was so great to be able to spend time with my family and it made me feel so special! My awesome cousin, Liz (whose birthday is today! Happy birthday!) came too! It really was the best.
Every time I get together with my family, none of us remember to get a picture. BUT! I do have some pictures of a dress I just finished for my sis-in-law who is going to be a bridesmaid in June! If she weren't in Germany, I would have made her model the dress for me, but... she's in Germany.
This dress was so much fun to make because Kara showed me a picture of what she wanted, we took some measurements, and I did it! Had to pick out some stitches and re-sew a few parts, but we got it and I love the way it turned out! What do you think?
inspiration photo vs. remake
Not bad, eh? Can't wait to present it to the bridesmaid when she gets back with my German chocolate. *wink wink*
So yeah. Birthday was good. Loved being able to celebrate it with some of the people I love most! I also felt a lot of love from my social media peeps! Plus, my dear, dear friend Ashley paused her vacation packing to make me a no-bake cookie with a candle poking out of the middle so that she could light it on my doorstep and sing "Happy Birthday" at 9:00 PM! I seriously have the best friends ever, and you are one of them! Thanks for making me feel so special, friends! I love you all!